A tandem researched and designed to offer the best experience for both professional and recreational flights.
This product is no longer in stock
A tandem wing designed to satisfy the most exacting professional dual pilots. Its durability and performance make this a glider that you will not want to part with.
Experience a tandem wing as you never imagined it and let yourself be carried away by its supreme comfort and stability. Enjoy each flight with a tandem that adapts perfectly to your needs and those of your passenger.
- Optimised light and responsive brake system for improved turning.
- Balance between performance and accessibility to meet the requirements of both professionals and passionate recreational pilots.
- A more robust internal structure with an improved load distribution at the attachment points.
- A high degree of pitch stability; increasing passenger comfort by decreasing the transmission of movements from the wing to the passenger.
- Change of cloth so that the colour will stand the test of time.
- Optimisation of the cloths used to achieve durability and strength without compromising the lightness of the wing.
- A new modern design based on the look of the Icepeak X-One.
- Launch: a more progressive inflation and it takes the load immediately.
- Landing: its excellent speed retention allows smooth and safe landings.
The leading edge has been redesigned and features all our latest technologies, including 3DL, 3DP, SLE and TNT. This reduces creases and makes the wing more taut, which means a cleaner finish and therefore more performance. It also means the wing is more solid and better at absorbing turbulence.
The internal structure has been redesigned by altering the orientation of the diagonal ribs and tension bands to achieve a more optimal distribution of forces. In this way, durability is improved and deformations are reduced.
Thanks to the know-how gained during the manufacturing process of the X-One, this new model features a profile with the same stability, which translates into less turbulence in flight and helps maintain a more constant speed range. Passenger and pilot will benefit from greater comfort in flight.
The pilot can adjust the effectiveness of Big Ears thanks to the Ear Lock System technology for a fast and comfortable descent.
With the application of the Drag Reduction Structure (DRS), the airflow is directed more progressively along the trailing edge. This reduces the aerodynamic drag and the brake pressure required.
Due to the redesign of the internal structure, it has been possible to reduce the tension on the attachment points.
The Takoo 5 has 160 lines; a reduction of 9% in comparison to its predecessor. In order to increase their durability all lines are sheathed.
combination of different cloths improves durability and strength, without compromising on lightness. On the upper surface, Dokdo 40 g/m2 has been used to provide additional robustness in the front part of the leading edge and Dokdo 36 g/m2 has been used on the remaining part. The undersurface has been designed with the semi-lightweight Dokdo 32 g/m2 cloth that offers a good balance between weight and durability.
TOTAL WEIGHT IN FLIGHT
Scroll To Top