INFORMATION FROM MANUFACTURER WEBSITE
Key additional functionality enabled by the GPS (compared to the Alto Vario) includes: Speed over ground, wind direction and speed, current flying direction, user selectable data fields, current glide ratio, distance and direction to launch, distance and direction to the last thermal.
As with all of the Flytec range, the Speed is:
Simple – Created for the leisure pilot who needs a turn-it-on-and-fly device with essential functionality only.
Robust – Because it is based on the proven Flytec design with an incredibly solid housing.
Reliable – Because of the Naviter designed and simplified internal electronics.
It also has the signature – and much loved – Flytec quality vario and tone.
- Robust, shockproof ABS housing
- Reliable and proven high-sensitivity vario
- Comfortable and clear vario tone
- High-contrast monochrome LCD
- Keyboard with clearly detectable, glove-friendly keys
- Speed over ground
- User selectable data fields
- Current glide ratio
- Wind direction and wind speed
- Current flying direction
- Distance and direction to launch, and to the last thermal
- Customizable vario tone frequency, sensitivity, audio mode, climb-tone
- Vario profiles, for different flying types (weak / normal / strong thermals, soaring, ballooning)
- Altimeter showing MSL (ALT1)
- Altimeter showing Relative / Flight level / meters or feet (ALT2)
- Custom relative altimeter which can be reset with a press of a button (ALT3)
- Graphical instant and average climb indicator
- Numeric average vario indication
- Selectable units for Altitude, Vario, Time, Pressure, Temperature
- Optional additional near-thermal tone
- Optional tone when a key is pressed
- English, German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Turkish user interface
- Battery life about 35 h